Subject: Re: CG14 code
To: Volker Borchert <bt@insiders-fs.com>
From: Jeff Wyman <wysoft@wysoft.neverhere.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/01/2001 03:11:45
Yes, I'm using an S24 at the moment with Xsun24 under Linux, and it seems
to work ok. I'd much rather be using this machine under NetBSD, but I need
24-bit video sometimes when working with images in Gimp (yes, it IS slow
:)

> |> This is probably a good idea. Nevertheless, i remember having read
> |> that sparc linux has at least some support for 24 bit graphics cards
> |> (ZX and Creator, both unaccelerated, ZX even working in sun4c
> |> machines).
>
> THAT'd indeed be great.
>
> |> Why is it not possible to borrow code from there?
>
> GPL?

Hmm.. As far as I know, NetBSD has never been very strict on
licensing. I'll check out the Linux tcx driver sometime and see what sort
of license it has. Unfortunately, I don't think their cgfourteen driver
currently supports 24-bit video.