Subject: Re: SCSI disk problems
To: maximum entropy <entropy@tappedin.com>
From: Jeff Wyman <wysoft@wysoft.neverhere.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/31/2001 22:17:03
Sorry, I wrote the email right after waking up. I mean that after I
reassigned a block, I would run fsck_ffs again, but it would stop on the
same block and would continue issuing "CANNOT READ BLK" errors for each
block after that one, e.g.  Block 2048, 2049, 2050, 2051, and so
forth. Even after running and re-running rigorous Solaris tests, the disk
showed no errors. I suppose I will just have to shell out money for
another disk if this continues. I'm still not convinced the disk is bad,
but time is money...