Subject: Re: DEC Multias or SS1+ & SS2?
To: Volker Borchert <bt@insiders-fs.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/27/2001 16:59:47
[ On Friday, July 27, 2001 at 11:07:40 (+0200), Volker Borchert wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: DEC Multias or SS1+ & SS2?
>
> Eh? What is so difficult about
> - get a 501-2015 FSBE/S for $75 from your favourite used Sun dealer

$75[usa] new?  Where!  ;-)

> I wouldn't trust my firewall for r services. After all, the firewall
> is there to protect my network, if necessary by sacrificing itself.

If you're going to run r* services (and/or telnet) on your internal
network anyway then the only way to stop them from being used from the
firewall is to filter connections from the firewall to them (or use TCP
Wrappers) on every single host on the inside.....

--
							Greg A. Woods