Subject: window manager problems
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: \"=?ISO-8859-1?Q?H=E5kan Th=F6rngren?=\" <hth@update.uu.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/25/2001 08:36:59
I have just installed NetBSD 1.5.1 on a couple of Sparcs (IPX, ELC and
Classic/X) but run into problems with window managers. Here is what I
have tried and found out:

twm=09   seems to work
tvtwm=09   seems to work, but no menus or any virtual screens appear,
=09   works like a stripped down twm
olvm=09   seems to work, but brought down the ELC once when it was
=09   terminating
olvwm=09   dumps core at startup, gdb reports (no debug info):
=09   Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
=09   (gdb) where
=09   #0  0x10276328 in strlen ()
=09   #1  0x1e228 in dladdr ()
=09   #2  0x1e4e0 in dladdr ()
=09   #3  0x1dfc0 in dladdr ()
=09   #4  0x21bf0 in dladdr ()
=09   #5  0x33c20 in main ()
=09   #6  0x33d00 in main ()
=09   #7  0x2c4e4 in main ()
=09   #8  0x138c0 in ___start ()
afterstep  dumps core at startup, gdb reports (no debug info):
=09   Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
=09   #0  0x295ec in My_XNextEvent ()
=09   #1  0x2b748 in ExecuteFunction ()
=09   #2  0x2d770 in ComplexFunction ()
=09   #3  0x2b93c in ExecuteFunction ()
=09   #4  0x1b104 in main ()
=09   #5  0x182c8 in ___start ()

I would really like to use olvwm and afterstep working. I hate being
without virtual screens...

Have anyone else had better luck with them?  How can I recompile them
with debug info using pkgsrc?  (I have looked a bit in the
documentation files, but found no clue).

I have build them using pkgsrc.tgz as defined with the 1.5.1 release
on the Classic (X).

  /H=E5kan