Subject: Re: Pine woes
To: Steve Doyle <paiste@zen.spodnet.uk.com>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@burghcom.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/16/2001 23:31:44
PINE's indtall docs are TERRIBLE, absolutely useless.  I spent the day
trying to roll
a copy for Solaris.  Granted solaris may be useless as well, but it was a
pretty well
GNUified Solaris, and I though it's be a bit less painful.

If you look at the pkgsrc makefile:

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/mail/pine/Makefile

To build, they're doing:
----------
do-build:
        cd ${WRKSRC} && ./build ${BUILDNAME} ${LDAPCFLAGS}
${LDAPLIBS} PREFIX=${PREFIX}
----------

$BUILDNAME is determined below by:

----------
.if ${OPSYS} == "SunOS"
BUILDNAME= gs5
.else
BUILDNAME= neb
.endif
----------

So if you're going to compile by source, do:

$ export CC=gcc
$ ./build neb

--Brian

On Fri, 13 Jul 101, Steve Doyle wrote:

> Here is an ineresting one:
>
> Trying to run pine jams the session up totally. It just whacks the load up
> and the only way out of it seems to be to kill -9 the pid.
>
> I think its recompile time, but if anyone knows what is doing this I'll be
> grateful.
>
> S.
>
> --
> :  Steve Doyle                                 paiste@zen.spodnet.uk.com :
> : "Notices from the Admin containing the words catastrophic, failure and :
> : lost, all in one sentence, are not happy things." - Fortune            :

--Brian

 ----

"GNU/Linux: About as stable as the elements at the bottom of the periodic
table"