Subject: Low-Level Hardware Access
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Florian Echtler <echtler@fs.tum.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/14/2001 12:09:14
Hello everyone, it's me again.

After reading lots of code and the docs some people
pointed me to (thanks for that!), I've got a pretty
good idea how to control a sparc's parallel port.
Trouble is, I'm still lacking a clear idea about how
to access the hardware under NetBSD - according to
the docs, the parallel port's registers are mapped
into memory somewhere at 0xC800000? I just need a
hint how to access this area without relying on kernel
code - I've read the bpp driver about 20 times so
far, but know too little about the kernel itself to
really understand it.

TIA for your help and bye,
--
Florian Echtler - echtler@fs.tum.de