Subject: CS4231 Audio Question
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Sebastian Wain <swain@helicoid.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/08/2001 16:11:16
After installing the NetBSD in my sparcstation 5 I tried to record something from /dev/audio (cp /dev/audio /tmp/something) resulting in a file with 0 bytes, using  audiorecord /tmp/something.au I gave an "audiorecord: read failed: Device not configured" message.

I read in http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/hardware.html:

* CS4231-based 44 KHz, 16 bit, stereo, PCM, on-board SPARCStation 5 and optional on SPARCStation 4, does not support audio input (audiocs)

I wonder if it's a limitation of the driver in NetBSD, because I used the audio input in Solaris without any problem.

Well, the question is How can I use the audio input in my sparcstation5 with NetBSD since I used it in Solaris.

Thank You
Sebastian Wain

[misc]

 I found the microphone shipped with the Sun very powerful recording distant sounds (comparing to generic PC mics), years ago I used it
 to record me speaking sleeping. I want to repeat this experience to continue some experiments.

[/misc]