Subject: Re: Programming the Parallel Port
To: None <echtler@fs.tum.de, port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/04/2001 20:49:38
	I've got a Sparcstation running NetBSD 1.5 with a home-made device
	(MPEG decoder) attached to the parallel port. Now I need access to
	the parallel port registers to directly control the I/O pins. Can
	anyone hand me a piece of code showing how to do this (didn't manage
	to locate anything useful in the NetBSD sources)?

You probably will need to replace the bpp driver, depending on why
you need to twiddle those pins.  If it uses one of the standard
protocols for bi-directional parallel interfaces, you could just
implement the output routines.

Eduardo