Subject: Re: Sparc 20 won't boot
To: DP <dp@recycled.net>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/30/2001 10:19:12
Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 11:32:19AM -0500, DP:
> SIMMs need to be in order, largest first (or is it last - can't remember)

right, largest sized simm first and in proper order.

from one of the sun hw faqs

DETAIL DESCRIPTION FOR A SS10SX and SS20 (Netra /20, Netra s20, Netra
i600, Netra i625):
The layout below is from "Sun Field Engineer Handbook" dated 12/5/97.
The layout is present in order as found on the motherboard when it is
viewed with its front towards you, reading from the top down (from back
to front).  Each row represents a SIMM slot and shows its slick screen
label, its install order, its memory address range.

J0201    0th     00000000-03ffffff
J0202    2nd     08000000-0bffffff
J0203    5th     14000000-17ffffff
J0301    3rd     0c000000-0fffffff
J0302    6th     18000000-1bffffff
J0303    1st     04000000-07ffffff
J0304    7th     1c000000-1fffffff
J0305    4th     10000000-13ffffff

Note: Some old SS20 doc state the SIMM order as 0 - 7 relative to J0201
- J0305, this is wrong!