Subject: [entropy@tappedin.com: Help with YP]
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@tappedin.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/28/2001 23:05:39
Hi,

I sent this to netbsd-users earlier, but on second thought, this seems
like a better list to ask.

Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 17:50:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: maximum entropy <entropy@tappedin.com>
To: netbsd-users@netbsd.org
Subject: Help with YP

Hello,

I am running a YP master server on zippy and a YP slave server on
tardis.  Both are running NetBSD-current from about 1 month ago.

Everything seems to be working OK for other NetBSD client systems.

I'm trying to add a Solaris 7 client, and I can't figure out how to
add the shadow map.  I added "shadow" to the "all" lines in the yp
Makefiles on zippy, and did a "make" in /var/yp, which built the
shadow.byname.db file.  But it complains:

yppush: error finding master for shadow.byname in grok: No such map in
server's domain

The slave server doesn't get the new map, and "ypcat shadow" doesn't
work.  What do I need to do to add this map to the maps that the yp
servers know about?

I'm not subscribed to this list, so please include my address in