Subject: ms0 input errors
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Misiak <rob@arpa.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/26/2001 03:39:17
Hi all-

Has the current code for ms0 changed recently?  The reason I ask is for the
past week I've been getting a high number of ms0 input errors on my Sparc 5
(with Type 5 mechanical mouse), such as:

ms0: input error (0x3c47)

This has been going on for nearly a week.  I've compiled a new kernel (and
userland) from updated sources every day or two.  When the errors occur,
moving the mouse has no effect for a few seconds.

According to dmesg, I've had 19 such errors since boot time, which was
roughly 11.5 hours ago (last kernel compile).

I've never had any such problems before.  Could this be the result of a code
change, or is it time for me to start shopping for a new mouse? :-)
Unfortunately I don't have another (working) mouse available to test this.

Thanks,

         Rob