Subject: Dual-boot install with Solaris
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michele Stuart <mds@heretical.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/23/2001 11:41:38
Hi.

I hope somebody can help. I want to install NetBSD 1.5 and Solaris 2.6 on
the same Sparc 20. I've found lot and lots (and lots) of posts and articles
on the web in which somebody mentions that he's happily running both
OS's on the same sparc, but I can't find anything telling me how they got to
that point. Can anybody point me to some documentation or any references
at all  on how to achieve this?

So far, what I'm finding is that neither OS will let me specifiy anything other
than the first disk slice for it's root filesystem. When I try to tell
NetBSD to
use something other than sd0a, the installation just hangs, and when I try
to tell Solaris to do it, it just flat out refuses.

Thanks!

Michele

--
Michele Stuart
mds@heretical.net

"Why doesn't everybody leave everybody else the hell alone?"
                                 -- Jimmy Durante