Subject: Re: [support@opera.com: (ID-number:13812) Petition for Solaris/NetBSD/SPARC Opera]
To: None <Oliver.Bruckauf@gmx.de>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@tmok.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/18/2001 12:19:56
On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 05:57:24PM +0200, Oliver.Bruckauf@gmx.de wrote:

> Linux emulation will only work on i386 and Solaris emulation only on Sparcs.
> So what works for you will depend on the platform you think about.

i'm anti-i386, so.....  :)

> I think they're talking FreeBSD/i386 emulating Linux/i386 here.

ok, that's why i'm checking.

> Given the topic of this list I would assume that you're thinking of
> replacing the browser on some NetBSD/sparc box. So you should wait for their Solaris
> release and try to get that running with the Solaris emulation in NetBSD.

well, i'm running Solaris on my workstation (NetBSD unsuporterd hardware) and
so i'll benefit immediately as soon as this is released.

i was just checking the other points since i've been trying to spearhead a
NetBSD/* port of Opera.  i'm a huge fan of both Opera and NetBSD, and so i
can only see a win if this were to happen.

-brian