Subject: Re: [support@opera.com: (ID-number:13812) Petition for Solaris/NetBSD/SPARC Opera]
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@tmok.com>
From: None <Oliver.Bruckauf@gmx.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/18/2001 17:57:24
Hi Brian,

> this is the response i got from opera.  what works better in NetBSD?
> Linux emulation or Solaris emulation? if Solaris then this is a win,
otherwise
> we will just have to bug them every once in a while for a *BSD version.

Linux emulation will only work on i386 and Solaris emulation only on Sparcs.
So what works for you will depend on the platform you think about.

> also, "Seeing as Opera has been reported as running fine under Linux
> emulation" is this true of Linux/Sparc or Linux/i386?

I think they're talking FreeBSD/i386 emulating Linux/i386 here.

> i'm just glad i won't have to use IE5/Netscape on my workstation anymore!!

Given the topic of this list I would assume that you're thinking of
replacing the browser on some NetBSD/sparc box. So you should wait for their Solaris
release and try to get that running with the Solaris emulation in NetBSD.

Cheers,
Oliver.