Subject: [support@opera.com: (ID-number:13812) Petition for Solaris/NetBSD/SPARC Opera]
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@tmok.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/18/2001 10:59:33
this is the response i got from opera.  what works better in NetBSD?  Linux
emulation or Solaris emulation? if Solaris then this is a win, otherwise we
will just have to bug them every once in a while for a *BSD version.

also, "Seeing as Opera has been reported as running fine under Linux emulation"
is this true of Linux/Sparc or Linux/i386?

i'm just glad i won't have to use IE5/Netscape on my workstation anymore!!

-brian

----- Forwarded message from support@opera.com -----

From: support@opera.com

You may be happy to learn that we are working on a Solaris port right now. It is being tested internally, and we are preparing for a release, although it's difficult to give you an exact time frame. A Sparc Solaris version will probably come before an x86 Solaris version of Opera.

As for native *BSD versions, I am not sure what the status is there. Seeing as Opera has been reported as running fine under Linux emulation, such a port might not be a high priority, but I believe our developers are considering it.

--
Best regards,
Håvard K. Moen

----- End forwarded message -----