Subject: Re: Sbus documentation
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: ali \(Anders Lindgren\) <dat94ali@ludat.lth.se>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/17/2001 20:58:52
On 17 Jun 2001 eeh@netbsd.org wrote:

> Is there something in particular you want to know?

I am also interested in all kinds of documentation on how
to actually interface with SUN hardware in code. I have digged
docs.sun.com and playground.sun.com and there's plenty of
online books there, but nothing about how to actually talk
to the machine. I even have the SPARCv9 Architecture Manual
and UltraSPARC-I Programmer's Reference Manual at home, but
they don't tell you all that much either.

Personally I am eager to learn how to interface with the
OpenProm in order to use it as a dummy console device, and
how to find hardware on the bus, memory map it and configure
it. I know all this is buried in sys/src/sys/arch/sparc64/sparc64/locore.s
and at this point, that is my single source for explicit
"documentation". It is surprisingly well written (cudos!) but
understanding it takes a whole lot of knowledge of the netbsd kernel
architecture which I haven't got.

I guess what I am getting at is, that whatever pointers people have
for pb, I am interested too. :-)

--
/ali: Computer Science Major and aspiring cartoonist. :-)
(dept) dat94ali@ludat.lth.se - http://www.ludat.lth.se/~dat94ali