Subject: Re: help please? - dma/SCSI error
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/25/2001 17:10:59
eeh@netbsd.org said:

>	NMI: system interrupts: 40000000<VME=0,SBUS=0,ME>

>I would guess that this is an IOMMU issue more than anything else.
>Unfortunately, my familliarity with the sun4m IOMMU code is less than
>ideal.  I would suggest dumping both the address the driver is trying
>to DMA to and the contents of the IOMMU when you get this problem.  I
>suspect that the page is not mapped.

I've seen something like this.

I installed NetBSD 1.5_ALPHA2 on a sparc 4 with 64 megs back in late
August or early September. It was up until mid-February and worked
perfectly. Then I started getting:

Feb 14 19:30:18 yeti /netbsd: NMI: system interrupts: 40000000<VME=0,SBUS=0,ME>

When executing commands and when booting the system. I first upgraded the
OS to the NetBSD 1.5 release. Same problems. I decided that the motherboard
must be sick and bought a sparc 5 with 32 megs of memory. I installed the
disk and the memory from the sparc 4. Same problem cropped up after a few
days. I removed the memory that had been in the sparc 4. and the sparc 5
is now happily running along with 32 megs. Looks like one of the 2 32meg
dimms that I removed is heat sensitive.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com