Subject: gtk+-1.2.8 port failing during ./configure
To: port-sparc <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: sparc <sparc@leibnizcreations.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/21/2001 21:40:29
I have a SPARCstation 10 that I am trying to get enlightenment running on.
However, since enlightenment requires gtk+-1.2.8 to be installed, the port
is trying to do that first.

Anyway, long story short, I tried to get gtk+-1.2.8 to install via me doing
it manually, and during the configure, I am getting the following errors:

found xgettext program is not GNU xgettext; ignore it
checking for extra flags to get ANSI library prototypes... none needed
checking for extra flags for POSIX compliance... none needed
checking for glib-config... /usr/pkg/bin/glib-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.8... yes
checking for X... no
configure: error:
*** X libraries or include files not found. Check 'config.log' for
*** more details.

And the rest of the pertinent information:

netbsd# uname -a
NetBSD netbsd.leibnizcreations.com 1.5 NetBSD 1.5 (GENERIC) #1: Wed Nov 29
00:29:52 MET 2000
root@flambard:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENERIC sparc

If anyone has any ideas as to how I can get this running, I would appreciate
it.  Thanks.

Chris.
sparc@leibnizcreations.com