Subject: Re: Kernel configs
To: None <wonko@tmok.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/21/2001 10:46:46
On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

# Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:31:58 -0500 (EST)
# From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
# To: Collin Scott <sierra@cs.umn.edu>
# Cc: abs@netbsd.org, port-sparc@netbsd.org
#
# Collin Scott drunkenly mumbled...
# > I havent been running make clean, but I have been running make depend I
# > bet that is whats up for some of the stuff.  Do you have an answer for my
# > second question about commenting out all lines in the kernel configs that
# > are for different types of suns?

You can rip out anything that belongs specifically to any other kind of sun
than the LX (sun4m).

I do this all the time.  I also rip out things that I'm not likely to be
supporting, such as an isp* (QLogic Wide SCSI), cgfourteen, bwtwo, cgeight,
cgfour...(some of which fall into the previous category).

				--*greywolf;
--
*BSD: Get Over It.