Subject: Re: Kernel configs
To: Collin Scott <sierra@cs.umn.edu>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/21/2001 12:31:58
Collin Scott drunkenly mumbled...
> I havent been running make clean, but I have been running make depend I
> bet that is whats up for some of the stuff.  Do you have an answer for my
> second question about commenting out all lines in the kernel configs that
> are for different types of suns?

my classicX is all boogered up right now and i can't telnet to it, and i'm too
lazy to put a serial console on it (i should _really_ be cleaning the kitchen,
i've let it go for far too long now) so i can't get you the config, but i did
in fact do what you are doing now, if the comment said it was for another class
of sun hardware i removed it from the config file and rebuilt my kernel. it was
the first kernel build i had done after installation, so it was "clean" to
start with.  if no-one else sends you a config i'll get a serial console on the
sucker later today after i finish cleaning the kitchen.

cheers,

-brian