Subject: Re: SCSI speed in SS2 and SSClassic
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: None <Chris.Smith@raytheon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/14/2001 11:08:57
Hi,

> Yes, of course. The issue is that with the 25Mhz clock input
> the chip can't generate a 10Mhz SCSI clock. It seems that
> the best it can do it around 8Mhz (25 /3 I guess).

Must be shite logic then :p  They should have stuffed an
external oscillator on the SCSI card and had some decent
synchronised logic on the controller.  When a SCSI
controller cost that much new, I ask, shouldnt they have
thought of that ?

BTW, My Sound Blaster works fine (albeit a little warm) on
the PCI bus (38 instead of 33) on my overclocked Intel rig
at the moment.  The sound isn't any faster though ;^)

- Chris.