Subject: Re: OpenOffice for NetBSD/sparc
To: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Rauch <mrauch-openoffice@fs.tum.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/13/2001 16:14:01
Thanks for the comments.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 01:35:56PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
>     Hit a couple of small snags:
>
> 	In the notes you might want to suggest setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
> 	$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/OpenOffice619/program:/usr/pkg/lib
> 	if people are using pth from the package system
>
> 	Running setup with a 32MB (empty) MFS on /tmp fails with
> 	    ./setup: The temporary directory is full. (/tmp/sv001.tmp)
> 	How much tmp space does it require?
Haven't tested it, but considering that setup extracts all binaries and
libraries in this temp-dir first >=211MB.
(I'll note it on the web page.)

> 	It fails with segmentation fault is procfs is not mounted on
> 	/proc. (Deduced by looking at a rather large ktrace output).
> 	At the very least it would be nce if it could fail gracefully
> 	if it cannot locate '/proc/<pid>/cmdline', though it would
> 	obviously be even better if it did not need it.
Graceful fail will soon be implemented. For not needing it at all, I need
one method to get the command line without passing argv[] all the way down;
and I can't find anyone by looking into my memory and starring at man
pages.

Michael