Subject: Re: Dial Out Modem
To: Steve Doyle <>
From: Greg MATTHEWS <>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/01/2001 15:04:01
can you tip to it? ie put something in /etc/remote to point to your modem, i
cant remember exactly but somethin like:

not sure if this is exactly right for you, most modems prefer no parity. then

tip modem

if this works then typing
should result in OK

can you get this far? if this doesnt work then double check the /etc/remote
(man remote) entry - i'm not in front of my bsd box at the moment. also check
your modems required settings. if you can get this far then it shouldnt be a
such a great step to get ppp working. let me know how you get on.