Subject: re: SBUS wierdies!
To: Jason Wright <jason@thought.net>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/04/2001 18:02:40
   > there are N versions of this hardware.  i've got one that has 2 cd180's on
   > it (16 serial ports), and no parallel port.  i've been working on a driver
   > for some time but i never finished all the tty-handling parts.

   Hmm... that'd be nice to have... My 8 serial/1 parallel card is full
   (except parallel =) How does the dual cd180 differ from the single cd180
   board as far as drivers go?

well, the way i planned things to work was:

	spif*          at sbus? slot ? offset ?
	clcd*          at spif? channel ?
	cdtty*         at clcd?

where with my card i'd have:

	spif0 at sbus
	clcd0 at spif0
	cdtty{0..7} at clcd0
	clcd1 at spif1
	cdtty{8..15} at clcd1

so you're would be just the first 3 lines in my scheme (ie, there'd be no
clcd1 found).

i've got much of the code available to do this, but i never wrote the tty
handling code (well, copied & modified from elsewhere :) so it was never
useful to me yet.  (i'm willing to send that code to anyone.)

.mrg.