Subject: Re: esp/fas
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org, bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/08/2000 10:03:32
Thank you guys for your responses, it's hard to choose what to
look at when you are not certain what to expect and what is correct.

This is modified ncr53c9x driver and I'm modifying it according
to fas366 doc and linux's driver, the doc is in preliminary version
and hme seems to be different from it even it's the same core.
So it's mostly try and see process, good thing about that I got all
environment set up.

Hard drive works under solaris, no problems at all.
 <SUN4.2G cyl 3880 alt 2 hd 16 sec 135>

Driver doesn't use wide or syncro messages at the beginning,

I tried to turn on all parity checks and disabled disconnect
feature in IDENTIFY message. Now I'm getting SCSI parity error
after first byte is sent to device. I tried to play with different
config registers settings, no diffrence what so ever(doesn't mean I tried
all possible combination, primaraly it was around FASTCLOCK, FASTSCSI).

I wonder if sbus settings are important, chip seems to be
able to do BURST64, and linux's driver does set it. Currently
it looks like the only difference. So I'll try to investigate
that part.

Any ideas, suggestions...
and yes, that scsi-2 spec I got the first, I had to.

Thanks again,
	Andrey