Subject: Re: DDWWindow Underflow
To: Greg Troxel <gdt@fnord.ir.bbn.com>
From: Paul (NCC/CS) <pts@bom.gov.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/27/2000 15:34:06
--------------F079AFD891849DD711D0FA60

Gidday Greg,
thanks for your reply because I'm quite stuck unfortunately.

The sun box is one I picked up when work threw it out a couple
of years ago. It runs sunos 4.1. Obviously NetBSD would be good.
But I don't know very much about this hardware.

For example firstly, what is a serial console and how do I try one
of these? Is it through a serial port? (pls pardon the ignorance!).

Also I don't know what "bwtwo" is but this may not be important.
I am trying 1.5_ALPHA2. Perhaps I should burn a BETA2
iso image and try this?

I think the video board is standard but I don't know. I'd have
to investigate. I know the monitor tends to loose "synch"
somewhat easily and I then have to adjust the horiz-frequency.
I will try this. However the monitor works perfectly with normal
booting to sunos at present.

thanks for any help,
Paul.

Greg Troxel wrote:

> Try a serial console.  Then you can see the dmesg output from the
> boot.  I just put 1.5_BETA2 on an ELC with bwtwo and it was fine.
> Do you have an odd video board?
>
>         Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>

Paul      (pts@bom.gov.au)
National Climate Centre