Subject: re: 1.5-Beta sparc64 snapshot available
To: None <and@genesyslab.com, murray@osd.bsdi.com>
From: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/02/2000 23:19:29
	  Ok I partitioned/newfsed the disks from within Solaris and then I
	mounted / and /usr and copied over all of the files from all of the
	disk sets, including netbsd.GENERIC (I also copied this over to /netbsd).

	  I then created all of the devices in the 'std' section of MAKEDEV as
	well as all of the [r]sd[0-1][a-h] devices with mknod.  I also made
	sure to use numeric GIDs since the numbers are different from Solaris.

	  I then did `installboot bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t2d0s0' and then
	rebooted.

	  When I try to boot I get :

	ok boot netbsd
	Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1/scsi@2/disk@2,0:a
	NetBSD IEEE 1275 Bootblock
	.Bad path
	Fast Data Access MMU Miss
	ok

	  What does this cryptic error message mean?

It means that the bootblock was unable to locate
/ofwboot in the root filesystem.  This could be
due to a number of different reasons.  Make sure
you copied it there first.

Eduardo.