Subject: re: 1.5-Beta sparc64 snapshot available
To: Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
From: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/02/2000 15:16:40
On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Murray Stokely wrote:

>   Ok I partitioned/newfsed the disks from within Solaris and then I
> mounted / and /usr and copied over all of the files from all of the
> disk sets, including netbsd.GENERIC (I also copied this over to /netbsd).
>
>   I then created all of the devices in the 'std' section of MAKEDEV as
> well as all of the [r]sd[0-1][a-h] devices with mknod.  I also made
> sure to use numeric GIDs since the numbers are different from Solaris.
>
>   I then did `installboot bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t2d0s0' and then
> rebooted.
>
>   When I try to boot I get :
>
> ok boot netbsd
> Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1/scsi@2/disk@2,0:a
> NetBSD IEEE 1275 Bootblock
> .Bad path
> Fast Data Access MMU Miss
> ok
>
>   What does this cryptic error message mean?

That means that bootblk crashed. Found pagefault I think.

Do you have ofwboot in you root directory? I think you need one.
Grab it from
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc64/other/
(according to faq)

I spent some time reading sparc64/faq, it seems that what you've done
is regular procedure for bootstrapping.
Also I tried ramdisk.fs to mount in (via vnd) on my diskless ultra2,
and df, mount, and other utils work. My kernel is a little
bit older then 1.5Beta. Don't know if that can be a problem.
Is that possible that your ramdisk.fs image corrupted?

Good luck,
	Andrey