Subject: re: 1.5-Beta sparc64 snapshot available
To: Andrei Petrov <and@genesyslab.com>
From: Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/02/2000 14:30:13
  Ok I partitioned/newfsed the disks from within Solaris and then I
mounted / and /usr and copied over all of the files from all of the
disk sets, including netbsd.GENERIC (I also copied this over to /netbsd).

  I then created all of the devices in the 'std' section of MAKEDEV as
well as all of the [r]sd[0-1][a-h] devices with mknod.  I also made
sure to use numeric GIDs since the numbers are different from Solaris.

  I then did `installboot bootblk /dev/rdsk/c1t2d0s0' and then
rebooted.

  When I try to boot I get :

ok boot netbsd
Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1/scsi@2/disk@2,0:a
NetBSD IEEE 1275 Bootblock
.Bad path
Fast Data Access MMU Miss
ok

  What does this cryptic error message mean?

     Murray