Subject: re: 1.5-Beta sparc64 snapshot available
To: None <eeh@netbsd.org>
From: Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/01/2000 15:36:25
On 1 Nov 2000 eeh@netbsd.org wrote:
% I don't believe that ramdisks are currently supported on
% sparc64.  This is due to data segment issues.
%
% But you should be running on the miniroot not the ramdisk.

  There is no minidisk no the FTP site you listed.  If the minidisk is
not the same thing as ramdisk.fs.gz then there are even more
significant problems with the documentation that I originally
thought.  I am copying the ramdisk.fs.gz to my swap partition and
booting from that since thats what the FAQ says.  Is this incorrect?
Is there some other minidisk.fs somewhere that will work properly?

  At this point, it would really help out my motivation if just one
person could tell me that they've succeeded in installing this beta
on an Ultra5, because right now it really seems like a lost cause ;(

	- Murray