Subject: re: 1.5-Beta sparc64 snapshot available
To: Andrei Petrov <and@GENESYSLAB.COM>
From: Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/01/2000 15:32:44
On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Andrei Petrov wrote:
% Does anything work at all? ls, ps, cat?

  I believe I could cd and echo *.  I don't seem to remember ls even
being on the disk but I could be mistaken.

% I don't think ramdisk.fs's kernel has memory disk in it.

  I didn't see it listed in the bootup message, and I can't choose
'md*' for a root partition.

% What I think is happenning is that newfs and mount just coredump.
% And that explains message 'file system full'. No space for core.

  I told NetBSD that I didn't want to specify a dump disk for core
files.  I asummed this would mean it wouldn't generate core dumps
but instead it could mean that the core dumps are generated on the
same filesystem that the binary is executed from?

% Is that possible that you don't have enought memory installed? How
% much do you have? How much is available? you can check that in messages

  256 megabytes.

% I don't know an easy way to test what is in ramdisk.fs, I'll check that.
%
% You can try to do installation from solaris. Not sure if
% netbsd will work with solaris's ffs but I'd give it a try. The sequence
% should be pretty much the same. Just do it from solaris.

  I've tried that.  The method of installation isn't the problem.  The
problem is with ramdisk.fs on my system.  I've yet to here anyone
tell me they've succeeded with ramdisk.fs and I think thats the
problem.

	- Murray