Subject: Re: very strange ethernet problem
To: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@baymoo.org>
From: Tod Daniels <tod@dca.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/30/2000 21:09:14
I'll agree with Jeremy on this (in fact, he finished typing just before I

SQE was originally a way for a transceiver to determine the functional
state of its collision-detection circuitry.  In essence, it occasionally
transmits a "jam" pattern onto the medium.  This would be viewed as
collision by all your ethernet nodes (including the hub).

Turn it off.  This "feature" has been obsolete for years now...

tod