Subject: Re: Changing mac address?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/27/2000 20:59:47
On Fri, 27 Oct 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

# For the on-board and some add-on card, you can change the MAC addr in the
# NVRAM. See the sun hardware faq for instructions (there is probably a link
# from the NetBSD docs pages).

Older suns have one MAC address per host, while newer ones may have
broken it out into one MAC address per interface or card.  I'm relatively
certain he's trying to get two interfaces on the same host to give
different MAC addresses, which SunOS/Solamis can do, but we cannot,
currently.

The idea, I'm sure, was that the machine was not intended to be talking
with both interfaces on the same logical network.

# Manuel Bouyer, LIP6, Universite Paris VI.           Manuel.Bouyer@lip6.fr

				--*greywolf;
--
If anyone requests a reason as to why Windows NT is inferior to UNIX,
refer them to the process scheduler, for starters.  Of course, users