Subject: Re: Changing mac address?
To: Michael Maciolek <mikem@ne.cohesive.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/27/2000 21:02:56
On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 11:49:54AM -0400, Michael Maciolek wrote:

> Under Solaris, it's possible to change the mac address of
> an ethernet interface using:
>
> 	ifconfig <interface> ether x:x:x:x:x:x
>
> Is there equivalent functionality in NetBSD?  I tried the
> same command and a couple more-or-less obvious variants
> with no luck.

No, sorry. This functionality isn't available for NetBSD yet.

Why do you want to do that ? Is it the on-board ethernet or an add-on
card ?
For the on-board and some add-on card, you can change the MAC addr in the
NVRAM. See the sun hardware faq for instructions (there is probably a link
from the NetBSD docs pages).