Subject: Re: Boot/Install problems with Sun4/330
To: Eric Wort <ericwort@beam.brl.uiuc.edu>
From: Jarkko Hermanni Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/25/2000 08:53:48
On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 04:35:16PM -0500, Eric Wort wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I rescued a 330 from campus surplus(the original hard drive had
> failed).  Anyway, I was able to install SunOS 4 from CD on it without a
> problem, but I cannot get NetBSD 1.4.2 or the latest 1.5 ALPHA_2 to boot.
> NetBSD 1.5 dies at boot time with this error:

Try 1.4.1 (bootloader). I have a 330 running 1.4.1 with esp, si and an ipi
controller, installed via netboot. I'm too lazy to burn CDs so I normally
untar all the distribution sets, configure and do a full netboot and just
copy everything to local disks later.

I was hoping to try 1.5 but I think I'll wait.. I also have some pending
eeprom surgery to do:)

--
Jarkko Teppo    | Sell me your HP 7933 platters!
jate@uwasa.fi   |