Subject: re: ISO image in snapshot not useful for install?
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/24/2000 11:38:49

   I notice, however, that the SCSI cd driver does not bother to read the
   actual label from the medium. You could try this:

   RCS file: /cvsroot/syssrc/sys/dev/scsipi/cd.c,v
   retrieving revision 1.141
   diff -r1.141 cd.c
   1200a1201
   >       char *err;
   1204a1206,1210
   >       /* Read label from media, if present */
   >       err = readdisklabel(MAKEDISKDEV(0, cd->sc_dev.dv_unit, RAW_PART),
   >                       cdstrategy, lp, cd->sc_dk.dk_cpulabel);
   >       if (err != NULL)
   >               printf("just testing: readdisklabel: %s\n", err);

i've had a patch like this lurking in my /sys for some years now, but
it breaks some other things (like normal access to cds) such that i
could never commit it sanely.  perhaps the disklabel itself was not
quite correct for me?  i don't know, i last tried some years ago.

beware of this patch.  :-)