Subject: Re: sun4/110 and panic on install
To: None <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/19/2000 22:02:30
   On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 10:55:05PM -0400, Brad Spencer wrote:

   > Yup, I saw that on my 4/110 also, back some time ago.  There isn't any
   > known solution, as far as I know.  Although, I am trying the latest
   > snapshot kernel to see if it boots.

   As far as I can tell, the "scsi weird" driver worked ok in 1.3.3, but broke
   somewhere around 1.4.

   -Mark

Yes, back in the 1.3 days [and before], the sw driver appeared to work
fine.  However, there was a reorganization of the si and sw stuff along
with libprom and things really have not been quite the same since.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://mellon.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]
[finger brad@anduin.eldar.org for PGP public key]