Subject: Re: sun4 installation kernel image
To: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.demon.co.uk>
From: Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/11/2000 17:51:57
On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 08:31:28PM +0100, Julian Coleman wrote:

> As previously mentioned, they are Sparc's and NetBSD runs beautifully on them!
> Mine lives under the dining room table and is mail server, NFS server and

You are doing the same thing I'm doing with my sparc.

Would you care to let me in on your sendmail setup?

I've not had an easy time doing networking and mail setup for a home network.
Actually, the networking is fine, I think sendmail is my biggest problem.
NAT and IPF was a breeze to setup, but sendmail is still giving me fits.

I want my ISP to be my smarthost, and mail to machines on my net to work (i.e.
<user>@<machine-sans-domain>).  My machine also needs to respond as a machine
in the ISP's domain because I have an MX record there which goes to a drop-box
(basically an IMAP user with my machine's email, all users in one box).

If you've got a setup you are happy with, I could use some pointers.

Right now I have email going out and coming in, but email to my MX record
fails and sending mail on the local net doesn't work.  The sendmail bible is
great if you are on a "real" network, but provides little help for dynamic ISP
setups.

Thanks.

--
______________________/ armchairrocketscientistgraffitiexenstentialist