Subject: Re: sun4 installation kernel image
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.demon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/05/2000 20:31:28
> Wait, a 330?  You mean one of those old boxes that comes on wheels?  It's about
> 3' tall, 4' deep, 1' wide? Sounds like a jet engine when you flick it on? I
> think that's port/sun3.

As previously mentioned, they are Sparc's and NetBSD runs beautifully on them!
Mine lives under the dining room table and is mail server, NFS server and
NAT/dialup box.  OK, it is a little noisy, even with the newer `quieter' fans
in but apart from that, it's fine.  The main downside is that it occasionally
gets overruns on the serial port when loaded (but 7500 interrupts/second is
quite reasonable for a 10 year old box).  And they're just the right shape
too ;-)

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/