Subject: ipnat w/o ipf generates panic?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Berry <berry@housebsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/02/2000 22:03:06
With an empty ipf.conf file, starting ipnat generates a panic on my LX
with a stock kernel.  This is a (2)virgin 1.4.2 install, 32M, 2nd le
device. Once I add the stock example to ipf.conf(1), it loads up fine.
I had kind of hoped this would fail generically if it were going to, or do
anything less significant than panic.  I used to use a configuration with
an empty ipf.conf on NetBSD/i386 1.4.1, and it didn't panic (not that
that's relevant, but I cut and pasted the config from the one to the
other) and it also worked on NetBSD/sparc 1.4.1 on an IPX.

Kindly tell me I didn't follow the directions (which I know) and that this
is a known behaviour.  :)

Sean

(1)
pass in from any to any
pass out from any to any

(2)
port-authority$ uname -a
NetBSD port-authority.housebsd.org 1.4.2 NetBSD 1.4.2 (GENERIC) #2: Thu
Mar 16 00:08:53 PST 2000
toddpw@threepio.toddpw.net:/usr/src/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENERIC sparc

--
Sean Berry works with many flavors of UNIX, but especially Solaris/SPARC and
NetBSD.  His hobbies include graphics and raytracing.  He drinks coke mostly.