Subject: Re: Java
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Kees Jan Koster <dutchman@tccn.cs.kun.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/24/2000 01:50:01
Dear Scott,

> I`m pretty sure the Sun reference port of 1.2 will work on NetBSD
> 1.4.2 under Solaris emulation. I haven`t tried it recently although I
> will be testing it within the next few days since I need a working JDK
> to bootstrap a native port.

I have written a little howto specifically for bootstrapping a JDK
build on platforms without a working JDK. It is quite simple to invoke
Java on another machine through rsh(1).

Scripts and description can be found on my web site.
http://web.inter.nl.net/users/kjkoster/java/index.html Click on
"Bootstrap JDK" under the header "New BSD Platform Ports".

    Kees Jan

 Kees Jan Koster                 e-mail: dutchman "at" tccn.cs.kun.nl
 Calvin:        "Sometimes the world seems like a pretty mean place."
 Hobbes:            "That's why animals are so soft and huggy."