Subject: Anyone using NetBSD/sparc on an SS10 please read
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/21/2000 10:36:23
I need to get an SS10 running to host a SunOS based C compiler.  The SS1 I
have took a hit and is almost rebuilt; however, I've got a SS10 I can use.
The problem is getting the SS10 up and running.

Booting the miniroot from 1.4.2 didn't work.

Booting the miniroot from 1.5_ALPHA2 didn't work.

Netbooting from the 1.4.2 distribution hasn't worked.

If you are running any version of NetBSD/sparc on a Sun SS10, please let me
know how you got it up and running.  I really don't want to go out and buy
Solaris for this but I might have to if I can't get NetBSD running.

PS
  I currently have Solaris 7 running on the box but I probably can't use
this copy for production use.

"Luke, you're going to find that many | Steven Grunza
of the truths we cling to depend      | voice:  (856) 787 - 2759
greatly on our own point of view."    | fax:    (856) 866 - 2033
 - Obi Wan Kenobi, Return of the Jedi | e-mail: steven_grunza@ieee.org