Subject: Re: Wanted: Linux driver for cgtwelve video
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Grey Wolf <greywolf@siteROCK.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/14/2000 10:06:49
On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Erik E. Fair wrote:

# At 16:41 -0700 9/12/00, James Sharp wrote:
#
# >I could not locate a cg12 driver in the linux source.  The closest I
# >found was the cg14.  This was in one of the latest 2.4.0 test kernel
# >source trees.
#
# I don't suppose the cg14 support included being able to run 24 bits
# deep, in addition to 8 bits deep? The last time I looked at their
# stuff (from the Debian distribution sent out over a year ago), they
# were no better off than we were (i.e. 8bpp only, emulating a large
# cg3).

I think they're around that; I know that they have a 24bpp UPA (Creator3d)
driver that works.

It was the only reason I ever ran Linux on that box.  When NetBSD
arrives at the ability to do the FAS/HME (which I am given to understand
is making slow but steady progress) and the Creator3d (which oughtn't be
too difficult to pseudo-code from Linux and then hand off to another
coder to "clean-room"...), I'll be running that instead.

# 	curious,
#
# 	Erik <fair@clock.org>
#

				--*greywolf;

	/* Need OpenSource servers?  Try BSD - Solid as a Rock. */