Subject: Re: javastation ?
To: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
From: Steinar Hamre <steinarh@stud.fim.ntnu.no>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/15/2000 23:46:35
Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com> writes:

> > I haven't tried myself, but I think the 200006*-snapshots should be
> > fine. If other people with the 3.11 PROM and/or the JavaStation-NC
>
> I think there was one issue with 20000620 that caused trouble when
> programs exited, but it was fixed fairly quickly.

Both 200006*-snapshots seems to panic when entering multi-user mode.
That is _after_ /etc/rc has finished, but before getty start.
(Running getty manually seems to work. Running /etc/rc manually from
singleuser sh is no problem.)

Entering singleuser tru boot -s works fine. Entering singleuser by
failing /etc/rc results in panic. Entering multi-user after
successfully running /etc/rc results in panic. It must be caused by
something init do _after_ running /etc/rc, i think. I'm looking at
init.c, but I don't know whether I'm on the right track at all.

This is on the Javastation. My SparcStation-LX works fine in the exact
same environment. (same NFS-root.)

	Steinar