Subject: Re: Sparc graphics and other random ramblings...
To: None <glassman1@neonshadow.net>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/14/2000 02:48:38
> only 11 megs of space left on the 200mb hd... :o/ Anyone got some
> pointers to a drive I might use in an SS IPC as an upgrade? Already
> tried a spare IBM 1GB, didn't wanna work.

Make sure you get a jumper sheet from the web and check _every_ jumper.

You will almost certainly want it to have termination enabled, and ID 3.

If necessary, use one of the install floppies to blow away the old boot
block and disklabel; get out to a shell and run
	dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rsd0c bs=1m count=1
				^^^^^ make sure this is the spare drive!

Having a more specific list of symptoms than "didn't wanna work" would help.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com