Subject: Re: javastation ?
To: Steinar Hamre <steinarh@stud.fim.ntnu.no>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/13/2000 21:45:50
> Anyway you will have to use a serial console. (At least the was the
> status last time I tried.)

Yep. Y'know, the web page should have a note for this.

Although I'd prefer having keyboard support. I just bought a "purple"
Mr. Coffee for $50 from bodoman.com; I'll be happy to test stuff.

> I haven't tried myself, but I think the 200006*-snapshots should be
> fine. If other people with the 3.11 PROM and/or the JavaStation-NC

I think there was one issue with 20000620 that caused trouble when
programs exited, but it was fixed fairly quickly.

I've got a new sparc 1.5_ALPHA snap mostly done, except syboot.fs doesn't
build (the ramdisk overflows, and this event is related to a kernel
crash/hang problem which I've reported a couple times already, but have
no clue how to start investigating).

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com