Subject: Re: 24bit sun framebuffers (Was: redirecting console messages)
To: None <>
From: None <>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/10/2000 19:46:00
I tried that once, with a PowerMac 8500/150 and two monitors at
1152x870x24bpp with MacX, after Netscape Navigator had crashed my Mac
one time too many. When the SunOS version of Netscape Navigator
caused MacX to eat itself (and the system, *AGAIN*), I howled in
outraged frustration, and gave up.

We should be able to wrest the code from Sun for talking to their
graphics devices. It's not like there's anything there of proprietary
interest; as you point out, the PC graphics world eclipsed them years
ago. Holding that information close to the chest now is playing
dog-in-the-manger.

	Erik <fair@clock.org>