Subject: Re: Sbus FDDI again
To: Chris Rupnik <chrisr@geeknet.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Kurt J. Lidl <lidl@pix.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/09/2000 22:27:00
On Wed, Aug 09, 2000 at 07:24:26PM -0400, Chris Rupnik wrote:
>  Sorry to beat a dead(?) horse, but i have taken out my FDDI card for a
> visual inspection. The card says INTERPHASE FDDI SBUS on the back, and
> several of the chips are
>
> MC68838FCC
> MC68839FE
> AM79C864AKC
> MACH130-15JC
> XC68836FNB
>
> A part number below it reports H04611-000,REVA03
>
> Is this the same SBUS card that everyone seems to have?

I think not.  I vaguely remember that Interphase made a bunch of
sun controller cards -- ciprico rimfire scsi VME boards, etc.

It seems that this is something get again different.

So, we have the following different classes of sbus fddi cards:

	Cresendo (rebadged as Cisco)
	NPI (also sold as the FDDI card that Sun sells)
	Interphase

The NPI cards are the ones that I was talking about, which require the
SMT support in the OS driver.

-Kurt