Subject: tftpd on 1.5_ALPHA
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wolfson <mw34@cornell.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/01/2000 00:03:32
Hi,

Anyone have any suggestions why I can't get tftpd to work on the 1.5_ALPHA
snapshot?  I have no hosts.deny or ipf.conf settings.  The machine is
receiving the requests.  inetd is allowing tftp connections (i.e. I
uncommented that line and kill -HUP'ed inetd).  The file exists and it and
the directory are world read and executable.  inetd lets me ftp the file.
Here's the

# inetd -l -d
ADD : tftp proto=udp, wait:max=1.40, user:group=root.(null) builtin=0
server=/usr/libexec/tftpd policy=
registered /usr/libexec/tftpd on 4
someone wants tftp
296 execl /usr/libexec/tftpd
296 reaped, status 0
restored tftp, fd 4

syslog reports:
Aug  1 03:50:56 macdlab tftpd[297]: tftpd: read: Connection refused

On the off-chance it was tftpd, I tried the tftpd from the 1.4.3_ALPHA
snapshot to the same effect.

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong.

TIA,
  -- MW