Subject: Re: Audio on an SS2 re:Gnome
To: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@ieee.org>
From: Topher Sandalwood <sideband@phoenixrising.cac.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/04/2000 03:33:49

Greg:

Sorry. Let me clear this up...

I'm running NetBSD 1.4.2 release... I'm not brave enough, nor is my coding
expertise enough to deal with -current or 1.5A yet, if it's available.

The text is like the following (I'm in the middle of a compile right
now.... I hope the exact precise text isn't necessary)

trying 44.1Khz stereo... format 33 unsupported
.
.
(other sample rates mono/stereo, etc, in here)
.
.
trying 8000 Hz..
format 0 unsupported

Fatal error (or the like)

The X server is shutting down.

That's all the information I get.

I know the machine will run X... I'm using TWM now (tho it sucks), and I
suppose I could put KDE on it, but I don't really have the disk space for both.

Any ideas?

- -TS